Healthy Chicken Casserole
by Andy Ness
Healthy chicken casserole for cold winter nights made with plenty of vegetables and butter beans for a filling meal that’s good for you. Packed with nutrients everyone can look forward to this served on its own or with crusty wholegrain bread.
Ingredients (serves 4):
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– 1 onion finely sliced
– 2 carrots peeled and thickly sliced
– 2 celery sticks thickly sliced
– 600g pack of skinless and boneless chicken thighs
– 1 tbsp plain flour
– 500g new potatoes, quartered
– 2 tsp fresh rosemary fined chopped
– 1 tsp thyme chopped
– 600ml chicken stock
– 2 tbsp corn flour
– 400g butter beans, drained
– crusty wholegrain or seeded bread to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180 deg C/ Gas mark 4.
2. Heat their in a large ovenproof pan and cook the onion until soft, add the carrots and celery and stir so they are coated in oil. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
3. Toss the chicken in the plain flour, add to the pan and cook until lightly browned then add the potatoes, rosemary, thyme and stock . Heat until simmering and then cover and cook in the oven for 45 minutes.
4. Mix the corn flour with 4 tbsp water to make a paste. Stir into the casserole then add the beans and cook for a further 10 minutes.
5. Serve in bowls on its own or with chunks of crusty bread.